Friday 31 May 2013

Another member- our Au Pair


Being a working mom and wife is tough at times. Though my family had my full attention on my week-offs but on working days, managing office and family sometimes got too hectic that I felt like running away just for a moment.
My friend suggested me to get an au pair for kids. I didn’t like the idea of living with a stranger under the same roof. My friend, Annet had one at her home. She told me to spend some time with her so that I could change my perception. Luckily it worked for me and still I thank Annet to introduce me to this amazingly helpful concept of getting childcare.

I contacted Select Au Pairs to help me throughout the process. God really wanted to see me and my family happy. I got an au pair, Zoe. I had few requirements and she totally fitted the bill.
She was from a well off family from London. A sweet bubbly girl who knew what her responsibilities were. From the first day at my home, my daughters Zara and Holly fell in love with her. She took care of them when I was home and when I wasn’t. She used to take them to school, playgrounds and other kids’ activities. She also helped me in house chores. She had her studies to do but she managed everything so well.
She was like a member to my family. She wasn’t too young or too old, she was just 21. At times when I used to be tired from work, she used to talk to me and her words used to be calming and supportive at the same time. She had a good rapport with my husband too.
We all were a cute family. I never thought I would accept her the way I accepted her. Sometimes I, my husband and Zoe used to talk about issues related to her college and our office. We used to have grown-up talks which would just go on and on. She was like an elder sister to my kids; a friend to my husband; and both friend and sister to me.

She loved us and we loved her. We extended our contract with her and she stayed with us for two more years. We all grew together as a family. It has been 2 years since she moved out and we are still in contact.

I thank Select Au Pairs to introduce me to Zoe, another member of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment